Re: Extracting segents of data from array

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Extracting segents of data from array
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 15:38:34 -0500

On Jan 3, 2011, at 3:23 PM, Louis Ciotti wrote:

> Thanks for the quick and accurate response.  Now another question.  Is
> there a way to identify the rows that are greater than a given value?
>
> Say I want to know all the row numbers greater than 0.25.

Assuming your array has multiple rows and one column ...

        m = find (a > 0.25);

If your array has multiple rows and columns, the rows with one or more elements
larger than 0.25 ...

        m = find (any (a.' > 0.25));

If you want the rows and columns for elements larger than 0.25 ...

        [m, n] = find (a > 0.25);

Ben