RE: size too large for range of Octave's index type

From: William Krekeler
Subject: RE: size too large for range of Octave's index type
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:49:12 +0000

I ran into this same error. The best answer I got was that the error is caused by Windows program memory space and the way that Octave memory is allocated. I have not found a work around or the exact answer. Note, I did try switching from Octave to Octave in cygwin but that test also fails as I realized cygwin is only available as a 32 bit binary for windows regardless of whether or not you are running a 64 bit OS.

See help list “Octave Memory Exhausted Error” between 11/3 and 11/5/2010 for more information.

Let me know if you figure it out as I haven’t had time to return to this problem.

Bill Krekeler
Electro-Optics Engineer
CET, LLC
address@hidden