Re: Mac OSX 10.6.5 update

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: Mac OSX 10.6.5 update
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:47:40 +0100

On 17 Nov 2010, at 10:58, c. wrote:

> On 17 Nov 2010, at 04:38, WP Becker wrote:
>
>> Now, *who* has responsibility for getting it fixed?
>
> Gnuplot.app was packaged by Thomas Treichl but he seems to no more have time
> to maintain it,
> at least I remember him saying so on this list a while back.
>
> So I think any volunteers would be very welcome!

BTW, for the time being, before a cleaner solution has been found,
I noticed that the following workaround appears to momentarily fix the problem:

1) open the folder /Applications in the finder
2) right-click on Gnuplot.app and select "show package contents"
3) navigate to /Applications/Gnuplot.app/Contents/Resources/bin
4) right-click on the file "gnuplot" and select "Open with -> Other ... ->
TextEdit.app"
5) change the line:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="${ROOT}/lib:${DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH}"

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH="${ROOT}/lib"

and save.

c.