does installing qhull help with satisfying delaunayn

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: does installing qhull help with satisfying delaunayn
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 04:36:26 -0500

On 10-Nov-2010, Isak Delberth Davids wrote:

| Hi,
|
| I have octave-3.0.2 (along with octave-forge) on a fairly old Mandriva 2008
| install. When I use the function 'griddata', I get:
|
| error: __delaunayn__: not available in this version of Octave
|
| I read somewhere,
| http://www.qhull.org/
| that Matlab uses qhull for delaunayn. With this in mind I installed qhull
which
| was available from the Mandriva repo. This seemed not to help.
|
| Does octave have a workaround for this, or is a brute force update to 3.2.4
the
| only way around it.

If the qhull library was not installed when your copy of Octave was
compiled, then it won't magically start working just because you
install the library.  You'll need to recompile Octave from sources,
or find a version of Octave compiled for your system that is linked
with the qhull library.

3.0.2 is quite old.  Isn't there a newer package for your OS
distribution?

jwe