Re: R: Best way to create interactive GUI apps with octave?

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: R: Best way to create interactive GUI apps with octave?
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 16:15:27 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 4. November 2010, 16:22:48 schrieb schnumbl:
> Hi, I think i will use another approach:
>
> I wrote a terminal for octave in java. This terminal is also a server.
> Another java object (e.g. Action Listener of a JButton) can send a command
> to the terminal via socket communication. And the Terminal executes the
> received commands.

Hi since you decided to go the opposite way (java as a master and octave as a
slave) you can probably benefit from two existing projects which use this
approach.

http://kenai.com/projects/javaoctave/pages/Home
http://jopas.sourceforge.net/

The second one I used a little bit 2 or 3 years ago. Maybe it can save you
time to cheat a little bit from that (or you consider to participate in one of
them).