unzoom problem

From: Paolo Buratti
Subject: unzoom problem
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:11:26 +0200

Good morning,
I have a problem with unzooming plots with octave 3.2.4 on windows xp (installer: Octave-3.2.4_i686-pc-mingw32_gcc-4.4.0_setup). I can zoom by two right clicks that define a rectangle, followed by one left click, but, after that, if I try to unzoom by typing 'a', the figure becomes "not responding" and I have to throw it away. If I make a figure directly by WGnuplot (the version which was installed by the same octave installer), the unzoom by 'a' works well. In addition to having unzoom ok, the figure layout produced by WGnuplot differs from the one by octave: there is an extra bar with command icons. I have found a similar question on mouse zoom/unzoom in the octave mail archive (18.08.2010), but I could not find any answer with a suggeted fix (the answer on 23/08 only asks what is the operating system).
Thank you in advance
Paolo Buratti