Re: Scaling distance between xlabel/ylabel and axes

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Scaling distance between xlabel/ylabel and axes
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:37:04 +0800

On Oct 21, 2010, at 6:08 PM, Katzenman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> yes, that ist exactly what I'm looking for.
> I just need to get a proper scaling for one plot.
>
> An fontsize and type is not important, because I'm gonig to replace it,
> using \psfrag in LaTex.
> So for me it is just important to have a scaling, where there is no
> overlapping of x/ylabel and x/yTicks.
>
> And if it is possible to get a legende without overlapping labels, this
> would be even better.
> If that is not possible, I'll do it without using a legende and discribe the
> curves in the caption of me figure in LaTeX.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Tobias

I had considered adding psfrag support to Octave. However, as psfrag is rather
dated and no longer maintained we decided not to add that support.

However, if you are interested in that functionality, I've attached the
function. This function works with the current developers sources. I haven't
tried it with the 3.2.x series, but I expect it will work.

Please let me know if it works well for you. Criticism is welcome.

Ben