Re: setting default xlabel fontname and fontsize?

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: setting default xlabel fontname and fontsize?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:32:11 +0800

On Oct 21, 2010, at 6:08 PM, Vincent wrote:

> yes I thought so too but
>
> clf
> set(0,"defaulttextfontname","arial")
> set(0,"defaulttextfontsize",6)
> ylabel("ylabel")
> plot([0 120],[0 8])
>
> doesn't work.
>
> Am I missing something obvious, I'm a bit new to Octave

My mistake.

I just checked with Matlab. The axes labels  don't respect the default text
object fontsize either.

However, both Octave and Matlab's axes labels inherit the fontsize and fontname
from the axes.

The example below works for me in Octave 3.2.3

        clf
        set(0,"defaulaxesfontname","arial")
        set(0,"defaultaxesfontsize",6)
        ylabel("ylabel")