Re: audio pkg problem Mac OS X

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: audio pkg problem Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 13:00:11 -0500

On 19 October 2010 09:05, Attila Filep <address@hidden> wrote:
>  I tried to install the audio-1.1.4 pkg and get the following messages:
[snip]
> I use the precomplied 32-bit octave 3.2.3 version for Mac Os X 10.6.4.
> Any suggestion?

The audio package is written for Linux with Mac OS X as an
afterthought. It looks like it doesn't work. It also does not work at
all on Windows.

The popular method nowadays for abstracting the operating system away
from the sound hardware seems to be SDL. The audio package could stand
an SDL rewrite.

My suggestion is to look into this rewrite.

- Jordi G. H.