Re: [arrayfun] How to use "UniformOutput" ?

From: Tadeus \"Eus\" Prastowo
Subject: Re: [arrayfun] How to use "UniformOutput" ?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 08:18:40 +0200

HiHo!

Sorry, beside forgotting to put the mailing list in the CC, I also would like to clarify a point.

Ah, I just realize that the manual found in the Octave's website is for 3.2.4 and my Octave is already 4 years old.

But, if you are not successful to get the sample code working on 3.2.4 as it is written there, I think this should be reported as a bug.

Thank you for your help in checking the sample code.

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Francesco Potortì <address@hidden> wrote:
>I am using Octave 3.0.1 on GNU/Linux Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04.
>
>Following the example on
>http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Applying-a-Function-to-an-Array.html#Applying-a-Function-to-an-Array
>,
>
>arrayfun (@(x,y) x:y, "abc", "def", "UniformOutput", false) should work.

On 3.2.4, putting parenthesis around the anonymous function definition,
I get this:

octave> arrayfun ((@(x,y) x:y), "abc", "def", "UniformOutput", false)
ans =

{
 [1,1] = abcd
 [1,2] = bcde
 [1,3] = cdef
}

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 315 2040

--
Best regards,
Eus (FSF member #4445)

In this digital era, where computing technology is pervasive, your
freedom depends on the software controlling those computing devices.

Join free software movement today! It is free as in freedom, not as in
free beer!

Join: http://www.fsf.org/