Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA) for octave?

From: Giorgio Dall'Olmo
Subject: Adaptive Simulated Annealing (ASA) for octave?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 12:10:58 +0100

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has ever though of compiling the Adaptive Simulated Annealing routine (http://www.ingber.com/#ASA) so that it can be used from octave.

I've used before a version of the ASA code (called "asamin") that had been compiled for Matlab (http://faculty.arts.ubc.ca/ssakata/public_html/cgi-bin/export_file.cgi?dir=SOFTWAREARC&file=asamin_1.36.tar.gz). I am sending this link, because it may help to create a similar thing for octave.

As you may understand I have practically zero knowledge of how to implement this and that's why I am knocking on your door.

Any help/suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Giorgio

Plymouth Marine Laboratory

Registered Office:
Prospect Place The Hoe
Plymouth  PL1 3DH

Website: www.pml.ac.uk
Registered Charity No. 1091222
PML is a company limited by guarantee
registered in England & Wales
company number 4178503

This e-mail, its content and any file attachments are confidential.

If you have received this e-mail in error please do not copy, disclose it to
any third party or use the contents or attachments in any way. Please notify
the sender by replying to this e-mail or e-mail address@hidden and then delete
the email without making any copies or using it in any other way.

The content of this message may contain personal views which are not the views
of Plymouth Marine Laboratory unless specifically stated.

You are reminded that e-mail communications are not secure and may contain
viruses. Plymouth Marine Laboratory accepts no liability for any loss or damage
which may be caused by viruses.