Re: make check: src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/eigs.cc ..............................

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: make check: src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/eigs.cc .............................. ** On entry to DLASCL parameter number 4 had an illegal value
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 07:14:22 +0200

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:08 PM, RUSS BRENNAN <address@hidden> wrote:
> Octave finally compiled for me! With gcc 4.1.

Be careful with 4.1, especially the Fortran part was very buggy there.
4.2+ is recommended.

> Now running make check
> produces the following error.  What's the source of this? Thanks,

Hard to tell, without config info, but the most probable guess is that
you miscompiled ARPACK. I have the impression that almost nobody does
it right for the first time. The recommended method:

*Don't* follow the advice inside ARPACK's README about compiling
internal LAPACK2 part. Disable it and link against your normal LAPACK
3.x library. After compiling, turn the static (.a) library into a
shared one (.so) (I can give you a script for that if you like).
Install the shared library. Run ldconfig (!). reconfigure octave and rebuild.

In case you already did that, we'll need more info.

hth

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer