Re: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: (jhandles installs.... then error) Implementation of "uicontrol" for latest Octave?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:19:46 +0200

Am Dienstag, 24. August 2010, 20:04:26 schrieb Pen-Yuan Hsing:

[snip]

> OK. I am proceeding as you suggested, and there are quite a few
> incompatibilities...
>
> Since I don't want to make you go through the code with/for me, as I
> already took way too much of your time, is there documentation/reference
> for jhandles somewhere? Ideally, perhaps some sort of guide on what
> Matlab UI features are implemented in jhandles and Octave and what are
> not. This way maybe I can change my code to match jhandles' capabilities
> as best as possible.
>
> Thanks!

Not that I am really aware of such a documentation (with octave 3.0 I used
jhandles often for some simple gui things and some advanced graphics so I
simply  remember some things I told you here, because I found them by some
experiments and looking at the java source code).
Maybe you can ask on the octave-forge list if the original author  of the
package (or some other developer there) has still some usefull docu for it.

- Martin