saving files in HDF5 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

From: Jin Lee
Subject: saving files in HDF5 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:30:49 +1000

Hello,

I am a very recent user of octave and currently having a problem. If you can assist me with the problem I would appreciate it very much.

I am trying to save a matrix to a HDF5 file but for some reason I'm getting an error message. A screen snapshot is as follows:

octave:1> A=[1:3;4:6;7:9]
A =

   1   2   3
   4   5   6
   7   8   9

octave:2> save -hdf5 A.hdf5 A
error: save: octave executable was not linked with HDF5 library

I'm wondering whether there's a problem with our installation and we need to do something else in order to use HDF5 library. Can you please advise me what I need to do?

Thank you in anticipation of your reply.

Regards,

Jin

Centre for Australian Weather and Climate Research (CAWCR)
A partnership between CSIRO and the Bureau of Meteorology
Phone: (61 3) 9669 4279