Re: Parse error?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Parse error?
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 04:38:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 8/12/10, dirac <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: dirac <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Parse error?
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Thursday, August 12, 2010, 3:45 AM
>
> I feel really silly now!
>
> Worked a treat, thanks so much Jaroslav and Laurent. I'll
> be more diligent
> with the brackets before posting in the future.
>
> Regards
> Martin
>
> -----

The point is not parenthesis in particular. The point is you should be
able to debug such errors _yourself_, and the method is temporarily
commenting out pieces of code until there is no parsing error.

When it becomes clear which relatively big chunk of code is to blame (e.g.
if ... endif), then the problematic chunk is gradually uncommented too
by pieces which make sense, e.g.

if CONDTION
# BODY
endif

and in such a manner it finally becomes clear which lines are to blame.

Regards,
  Sergei.