Re: help with jogl

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: help with jogl
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 18:23:10 +0200

Am Freitag, 6. August 2010 18:09:03 schrieb alessio211734:
> I tried these commands in the octave shell, but no work.
>
> "help java_new" ....  and so on.
>
> I follow some web instruction and I install java-1.2.6 in this way, I put
> the download file in bin directory and execute pkg install
>  java.xxxx.tar.gz. I think I should install jhandles too but I can't
>  download it.
> When I execute the command pkg list I get only the java packet installed on
> octave. Where can I get jhandles packet? Remember I have a octave windows
> version GNU Octave 3.2.4.
>
> Thanks.

When you installed it the windows installer asked you if you want to install
the octave-forge packes, obviously you decided not to do that.

The easiest thing for you is simply to reinstall octave and when the installer
comes to the point where you can select the components you want to install,
select the octave-forge packages this will be a lot, I recommend that you do
not install the oct2mat package (unselect it) it leads to a lot of trouble for
the windows users as I can see here on the mailing list.

- mh