Re: gsl package: undefined symbol: cblas_ctrmv

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: gsl package: undefined symbol: cblas_ctrmv
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 14:14:38 -0500

On 4 August 2010 13:50, lo <address@hidden> wrote:
> in fact, it would be nice if this function were part of octave,
> since it is also part of Matlab, but I refrain from opening a request since
> one could argue that there is an octave package for that;

Ask not what your Octave can do for you... A GSL build dependency for
Octave might be acceptable.

Anyways, the Debian package for the GSL 'Forge package is using GSL
1.14 and works fine.

If you need hints why, perhaps Debian's build script could be illuminating:

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-octave/octave-gsl.git;a=blob;f=debian/rules;h=cc1bd1b064e0483e3a3d3c966cf05ab3c7a0ff41;hb=359fd4552fc6ffd6a0b3606b93649e91e975553c

You see it just calls the generic octave-pkg Makefile which is here:

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-octave/octave-pkg-dev.git;a=blob;f=octave-pkg.mk.in;h=d269194a502b611f86cd1b501fa35a1a613a2c4c;hb=c93c63e13b6d75feabd5e11329474f5e06439625

>From reading it myself, it's not doing anything fancy, and in fact
calls Octave's own pkg function with a few modifications. Does "pkg
install" from within Octave fail for you?

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.