Multiple plots to a single pdf file

From: Manoj Deshpande
Subject: Multiple plots to a single pdf file
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:29:29 -0400

I was going through this mailing list, to find a possible solution for my RH7 box,
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/printing-multipage-postscript-files-td1673862.html

So it seems like a recent commit, should introduce the -append option on the print command. However i dont seem to be getting the commit by default atleast ( when i do apt-get install on a separate ubuntu machine, i still dont see the -append option, in the print.m which i get), so i tried to manually patch the print.m script with the diffs in
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/dfc662a47b7a

Even that doesnt seem to help, since it crashed on ghostscript.
Do i need a svn update on specific directory or another related package ?

My end motive: have multiple plots printed a single pdf file, so that at the end of my script, i will have one pdf showing multiple bar graphs.

How do i patch existing octave installation to handle -append ? Or are there better ways of achieving my desired functionality ?
I would appreciate any help from octave users.

Thanks,
Manoj