Re: video to SVG

From: Marc Weber
Subject: Re: video to SVG
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:56:18 +0200

Excerpts from narendra sisodiya's message of Wed Jun 30 14:24:58 +0200 2010:
> Hi, I am trying to work on a project for Video to SVG conversion.
> Basically, the classroom videos which has only one white-board and lines and
> curves can be compressed by converting into vector markup like SVG. All i
> need to find the curves and lines inside video/imaegs(frames)
>
> Any starting points if I use Octave to build this project. I have done some
> basic matrix manipulation on octave but I have not done any video or image
> processing using octave or any other tools

Are you sure that Octave is the best tool for the task (maybe it is. I
don't know it very well). I'd just use ffmpeg (or mencoder or such) to
create many .jpg files from viedeo. Then I'd try using an existing ocr
solution which outputs .svg files.. (Inkscape has a built in OCR
command. This could be a starting point.)

Good luck.

Marc Weber