Re: Octave episode 1

From: Liam Groener
Subject: Re: Octave episode 1
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:59:39 -0700

On Jun 19, 2010, at 8:22 PM, Fotios Kasolis wrote:

> Check this video,
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpRKprlRR9c
>
> What do you think about having a series of youtube videos introducing Octave?
>
> PS. A good way of using previously posted artwork ;D
>
> /Fotis

Personally, I would prefer a series of slideshows similar to the pdf's
available at:

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-094-introduction-to-matlabae-january-iap-2009/lecture-notes/

I think the viewer needs to control the pace at which he views the new
concepts. (I guess Youtube might be good for publicity, but not for tutorial
purposes.

Also, I liked the logo you used quite a bit when you first presented it the
other day. But, as I watched the video, I kept seeing a spaceman with his face
cocked to the left  frowning at me!

Lee G.