Re: substitute for ode23s

From: Sebastian Schöps
Subject: Re: substitute for ode23s
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 15:09:22 +0200

Am 01.06.10 17:46, schrieb harsh_uict:

I had a similar problem while trying to integrate an ode with ode2r instead
of ode15s of matlab.  With
       tspan = [T0 T1 ... TEND]
octave gave an error
       error: invalid conversion from real matrix to real scalar
followed by a bunch of errors
       error: octave_base_value::array_value(): wrong type argument `<unknown
type>'

But when i changed  tspan to
      tspan = [T0 TEND]
the errors disappeared.

May have some thing to do with the way ode2r is defined, though I am not
sure. Hope this works for you too.

Harsh

Do you want fixed step sizes for your time integration or are you asking how to get the values at times T0, T1, ... TEND?

If you want a time integration with a single fixed time step (h=T1-T0=T2-T1=...), then

h=T1=T0
tspan = [T0 TEND]
odeset('MaxStep',h)

will do the trick.

In the second case you might need to adjust RelTol and AbsTol and then do an interpolation to get your data.

Bye
Sebastian