Making multiple plots, Octave 3.2.4

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Making multiple plots, Octave 3.2.4
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 12:22:12 -0400

On 28-Apr-2010, address@hidden wrote:

| I'm running Octave 3.2.4 from the Sourceforge binary on a Windows XP
| system.  I'm trying to make two plots, each in its own window.  I use
| Figure(1) and create the first plot (which displays OK), then figure(2)
| and create the second, which displays its window (only the axes, no
| data) and then hangs.  This is using the default gnuplot backend.
| Switching to the fltk backend makes the whole program hang, with nothing
| displayed.  Even plotting manually hangs it.
|
| The code isn't too long, so I am appending it entire.  (Yes, it's messy
| -- I'll clean it up when I get it working.)  The ShaftCurrData1 file has
| to be run first to establish the data, then ShaftCurrent to process it
| and show the plots.

Your code appears to work correctly for me on a Debian system using
both Octave 3.2.4 and the current development sources, with both
gnuplot and the fltk backends.  If there's a bug, I guess it is
specific to the Windows build.  I don't have access to Windows, so I
can't easily debug the problem.  In any case, if you'd like to report
this bug so it isn't forgotten, please use the bug tracker.  There is
a link to it on the page http://www.octave.org/bugs.html.

jwe