Re: Communications Toolbox for Octave.(rsgenpoly, rsenc, rsdec, matlab)

From: A shang
Subject: Re: Communications Toolbox for Octave.(rsgenpoly, rsenc, rsdec, matlab)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:39:53 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you very much.I will have a try.

2010/4/26 David Bateman-2 [via Octave] <[hidden email]>
A shang wrote:

> hi all, I am trying to encode some data using a CCSDS implementation of Reed
> Solomon (255, 223) wtih Matlab. I think I have a problem when using the
> 'rsenc' and 'rsdec' function. According to Matlab, 'rsgenpoly.m' is defined
> as (x-alpha^B)*(x-alpha^(B+1)) ... (x-alpha^(B+N-K-1)) where N=255 and
> K=223, whereas for CCSDS is defined as
> (x-alpha^(11*112))(x-alpha^(11*113))...(x-alpha^(11*143)). I have got a
> program of 'rsgenpoly' function downloaded in "Communications Toolbox for
> Octave" . So I can get the correct CCSDS code generator polynomial. But i
> didn't find the programs for 'rsenc.m' and 'rsdec.m' function in
> "Communications Toolbox for Octave". Is anyone can give me some advices or
> the 'rsenc.m' and 'rsdec.m' function. Thanks in advance. In addition,the
> authors of " Communications Toolbox for Octave" are David Bateman, Laurent
> Mazet and Paul Kienzle,how can i contact them. Thank you.

Because they are compiled functions and are in the file gf.cc ... How
did you get your version of Octave? Does the distribution you are using
supply the communication package already (check the command "pkg list").
If not, why not just install the octave-forge communications package
with the pkg function and let Octave itself deal with ensuring that
these functions are installed correctly?

D.