Re: OS for Octave

From: asha g
Subject: Re: OS for Octave
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:34:16 +0530 (IST)

> If you need to choose between Redhat and Ubuntu, go with
> Redhat. Not
> that I know anything about the Octave packages there, but
> they can't be
> worse maintained than in Ubuntu (which is "not at all").

What about Scientific Linux ? Has anyone used it and does it support OCtave and
gnuplot ? I believe it is developed from the Red Hat source code by Fermi lab
and CERN and is used specifically for scientific work.

Also the version I have in Red Hat is Red Hat 9.0 which is RHEL- 3.0. What
version of Octave is supported in that?

Thanks for your help.

Asha