What is the best way to extract the diagonal from DiagMatrix class

From: Riccardo Corradini
Subject: What is the best way to extract the diagonal from DiagMatrix class
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:09:30 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,
using the diag_matrix_value() from octave_value class I would like to extract the diagonal as ColumnVector or RowVector.
Is there a property within DiagMatrix class even if I don't know where is located the diagonal ?
Is it diag? If I have to use a loop could you please show an example?
What is the best way to do that using octave C++ API?
Thanks a lot for any hint concerning this issue.
Respectfully
Riccardo Corradini