Re: impulse() giving error

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: impulse() giving error
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 13:07:29 -0400

Try doing the inverse Laplace transform of your function.

If you can't do it or find the answer then maybe Octave can't either!

I know that I can't do it.
Doug Stewart

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 3:50 AM, Huub <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I have a question on impulse(). When I do this in Matlab, I get a good
response. In Octave-3.2.3 (Mac) I get this:

octave-3.2.3:1> H=tf([2 1],[4 3]);
octave-3.2.3:2> impulse(H)
warning: meaning may have changed due to change in precedence for && and
|| operators
error: impulse: D matrix is nonzero, impulse response infinite.
error: called from:
error:   /Users/huub/octave/control-1.0.10/__stepimp__.m at line 203,
column 7
error:   /Users/huub/octave/control-1.0.10/impulse.m at line 69, column 9
octave-3.2.3:2>

Is this an Matlab-incompatibility or a bug?

Thanks