Re: Gnuplot scripts as output?

From: Tribo Laboy
Subject: Re: Gnuplot scripts as output?
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 13:02:49 +0200

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Carlo de Falco <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 24 Mar 2010, at 15:20, forkandwait wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there a way to get the gnuplot commands issued by octave when
>> calling the
>> octave plot functions?  Ideally in a file for later perusal.
>>
>> Best.
>
> yes I think it's something like:
>
> drawnow ("x11", "/dev/null", false, "gnuplotstream.gp")
>
> see 'help drawnow'
> c.

Hello!

I am also quite interested in the possibility to reuse gnuplot files
created by octave.

On my windows version of Octave 3.2.3-2 from source-forge coming with
gnuplot  4.3.0-2009-07-08 CVS patchlevel 0 octave-mingw32 I do the
following:

x = 0:0.1:16; y = sin(x);
plot(x,y)
drawnow ("windows", "NUL", false, "gnuplotstream.plt")

as a result I get a "gnuplotstream.plt" file in the current dir, but
when trying to open it in gnuplot, it does nothing. No error, nothing.
I open the file in a text editor a found that some of the data is
binary. Could that be the problem?

I would appreciate if someone sheds some light on this. Does it work
on Linux and how to make it work on Win?

Regards