Re: icc compiler

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: icc compiler
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:39:06 +0100

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:50 AM, Mag Gam <address@hidden> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone compiled Octave with the Intel C/C++
> compiler. I am planning to do this for my lab and just curious if
> there are any tid bits you can share...

I build Octave with Intel C++ and Fortran regularly, and link Octave
to ACML (I tried also Intel MKL).
There's no significant magic involved, except that you should be
careful about Intel's aggresive optimizations that can break the IEEE
math semantics. I build with -mieee-fp to stay safe.

Also, my Intel C++ 9.0 has a bug that I need to workaround manually,
but I think it's fixed in a recent version.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer