matlab commands

From: Peter Hinkey
Subject: matlab commands
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:57:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

        I have successfully installed Octave on my server with OS Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 3.  I realized the toolboxes for Matlab and
Octave are similar, but clearly not the same.  I have a matlab
script written with several functions that are not compatible with
Octave.

Is there a way to import the matlab toolbox into Octave so the commands work?

Are there octave functions that can replace matlab functions like
*textread and textscan*??

Peter Hinkey