Re: Resetting the comment character(s)...in Notepad++ for Windows Vista

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Resetting the comment character(s)...in Notepad++ for Windows Vista
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 08:30:07 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I have been using SciTE that had been shipped to the MSVC version of octave.
It is very light.

http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html

However, the customization is not windowish.
The customization can be done by editing properties files, which are text files.

Here I show an example of  my customization

#***** SciTEUser.properties
# '#' is a comment character in properties file
# example of  customized SciTEUser.properties
# For Japanese version Windows, We must set or override code.page=932
# and character.set=128.
# Please customize to your windows enviornments
#  code.page=932
#  character.set=128
# Fixed width font and font monospace
# On SciTE proportional font width is default
  font.monospace=font:Terminal,size:10
  font.base=$(font.monospace)
  font.small=$(font.monospace)
  font.comment=$(font.monospace)
  font.text=$(font.monospace)
  font.text.comment=$(font.monospace)
  font.embedded.base=$(font.monospace)
  font.embedded.comment=$(font.monospace)
  font.vbs=$(font.monospace)
# Line margin (linenumber, 3+ means that dedault is three,
# the digit numbers are increased if required)
  line.margin.visible=1
  line.margin.width=3+
# For Octave ??
  tab.size.*.m=4
  indent.size.*.m=4
  open.suffix.*.m=.m
  Octave|m||\
# necesarry?
  edge.mode=2
#wrap
  wrap=1
#adjusting color at selection
selection.alpha=256
selection.back=#A0A0F0
# tool visible
 toolbar.visible=1
# status bar visible
 statusbar.visible=1
# windwos position and area at the stattup
 position.left=500
 position.top=300
 position.width=800
 position.height=600
# set eol(End Of Line) LF
 eol.mode=LF
#View eol
 view.eol=1
#view white space
 view.whitespace=1
 view.indentation.whitespace=1
#####End of SciTEUser.properties

#### modification of matlab.properties around line 12

file.patterns.octave=*.m.octave

file.patterns.octave=*.m;*.m.octave