Re: Octave with FLTK backend on Mac OS X?

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Re: Octave with FLTK backend on Mac OS X?
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:12:31 +0100

On Feb 10, 2010, at 3:24 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

Regarding what MacPort dependencies are required, they are listed at the link below.

        http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=octave

To enable the FLTK backend, you can install FLTK 1.1.10 from MacPorts

        http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=fltk

The developer's sources require additional dependencies since 3.2.x.

        Automake >= 1.11
        Libtool >= 2.2.2
        Autoconf >= 2.6.0
        flex >= 2.5.30

MacPorts has the following available (for each, you want the 1st port listed)

        http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=automake
        http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=Libtool
        http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=Autoconf
        http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=flex

Ok, I installed these using MacPorts. However, running ./configure results in an error that GNU readline was not found. However, I have installed readline from MacPorts, which is the GNU version as far as I can tell. Any hints?

Matthias