Re: Response to a pluse generator type input...

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: Re: Response to a pluse generator type input...
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 14:12:59 +0100

> I really would like to see the response due to a pulse generator type input:
> http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/simulink/slref/pulsegenerator.html
>
> I would then like to be able to vary the period and amplitude.
>
> Thanks a ton for any and all feedback.

Hi Jason

You may want to give a try to my new control package (experimental):
http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/extra/control-oo.tar.gz?view=tar

(Install it by typing
pkg install control*
inside your working directory. Be sure to remove the "legacy" control package
before)

There you can do the following (Matlab compatible):

tau = 5;  % Period [sec]
A = 2.5;  % Amplitude

s = tf ('s');
G = 1 / (s + 1)  % Your transfer function here

[u, t] = gensig ('pulse', tau);
u = A * u;  % Scale pulse signal from 1 to A

lsim (G, u, t)

Warning: Because of a bug in Octave 3.2.x, system G changes sampling time after
the first call of a time response function (lsim, step, impulse, initial). This
bug is fixed in current development sources for Octave 3.4.

hth
Lukas