RE: Octave User Interface

From: dastew
Subject: RE: Octave User Interface
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 18:18:19 +0000

Qtoctave is one option.

Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:16:50 +0000
Subject: Octave User Interface
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden

Hello,

I am a long-time user of MatLab, and am trying to switch to GNU Octave because it is open source and, well, free.  I've installed the Windows Installer from Octave-Forge, and have Octave up and running.  However, I'm a bit disappointed that the programme's user-interface is limited to the Windows command line interface.  Are there any friendly GUIs that you recommend for using with Octave?  Something that shows current directory, command history, and a text editor in a single package would be ideal.

Cheers,
Brad Ochocki