Re: QTOctave in PCLinuxOS

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: QTOctave in PCLinuxOS
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:40:53 -0600

2010/1/26 Isak Delberth Davids <address@hidden>:
> Hi folks --- I hope I can ask someting on QTOctave here ---

No, not yet. For better or for worse, QtOctave nor any other front-end
to Octave are part of Octave itself.

Well, except the Emacs frontend. ;-)

No, seriously, there are several competing frontends for Octave, and
none of them are taken too seriously by the core Octave developers
because none of them seem particularly important to getting
computations done.

> Happy New Year --- I think QTOctave (the MATLAB-like front-end for Octave)
> is not in the PCLinuxOS repository.

Looks like PCLinuxOS is a dsitribution of GNU/Linux based on Mandriva.
Packaging is the responsibility of the people making the distribution.
Octave itself doesn't produce binary packages, so you should consult
the PCLinuxOS packagers on why QtOctave isn't packaged for it.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.