Re: long pause before exiting

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: long pause before exiting
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:20:30 -0500

On 21-Jan-2010, Przemek Klosowski wrote:

| On 01/21/2010 02:47 AM, Hwanjo Heo wrote:
|
| > I'm using Octave to solve multiple automatically generate equations from my
perl scripts.

| > The problem is that solving a simple equation takes more than 15
| > seconds and I suspect the major delay is contributed by a long
| > pause exiting Octave.

| > Is this normal? Can I accelerate the quitting process in some ways?

I don't notice any long delay when exiting Octave, so I suspect
some problem unique to your system.  Is your home directory mounted
over some extremely slow network link?  That could cause Octave to
take a long time to write its history file, for exmaple.

| I suggest that you use one of the approaches where Octave is once run as
| a subprocess, and you pass multiple commands to it. A simple way is
| to run it in a pipe as 'octave -q'

I also highly recommend upgrading to the latest stable release.
2.1.73 is really really really old now.

jwe