Re: Now is it still impossible to use __gnuplot_X__ functions?

From: etienne
Subject: Re: Now is it still impossible to use __gnuplot_X__ functions?
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 22:17:33 -0800

  Hi all,

Quoting Matthias Brennwald <address@hidden> (Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:00:56 +0100):

On Jan 12, 2010, at 7:03 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Octave 3.2.3, Win Xp.

The __gnuplot_X__ functions seem to have been deleted from octave, while sometimes i really want to used it.

For example, i wish to output a .emf figure with linestyles "--","-.",":" et al., it is easy to realize in gnuplot, while i have no ideals for octave.

h=mesh(xx,yy,ZZ);

set(gca,'fontsize',18,'LineWidth',3);
xlabel('C (mol/L)',"rotation", 45);
ylabel('B/ (??/min)',"rotation", 45);
view(56,59);

here, the rotation seems to no effect, i dont know how to make it effective, and i am thinking of __gnuplot_X__ functions, however they have already be abandoned.

I know that even without such functions , octave is competent to do it, but i dont know how to till now.

regards,

Jacky

Two suggestions:

1. You might be able to send gnuplot commands through the stream that is used for communication between Octave and gnuplot. I don't know much about this, however. Someone else might be able to help here.

2. Save your data to a file and use gnuplot to plot the data in this file. Maybe you can make a gnuplot script and run gnuplot with this script from within Octave using the system(...) command. This applroach is independent of Octaves plotting mechanisms and will allow you to use every gnuplot command you can think of.

I followed this approach and wrote some wrappers that you can find at
http://users.isr.ist.utl.pt/~etienne/code/code.html#OctaveGnuplot.
I have more of the same, but not on the web. Let me know if you are interested.

  Cheers,

  Etienne

Matthias