Re: Compiling octave from repository fails

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Compiling octave from repository fails
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 01:16:57 -0500

On  8-Jan-2010, Ole Jacob Hagen wrote:

| I found a fix.
|
| I just ran make oct-parse.cc which solved the problem. ;-)

I don't have to do this when I build Octave from a freshly cloned
Mercurial archive with

  ./autogen.sh
  ./configure
  make

so I'm not sure what could have cause the problem for you.  Precisely
what commands did you use to build Octave after checking it out?

What versions of the build tools (automake, autnoconf, etc.) do you have?

In the future, please use the address@hidden list for
discussing problems with teh development sources.

jwe