shell and emacs should load new version of octave

From: aditya
Subject: shell and emacs should load new version of octave
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:11:53 +0100 (CET)

Dear all,

I built octave 3.2.3 today on ubuntu 9.10 and it's working. However, the
shell command 'octave' still refers to previous version 3.2.2, the command
'octave-3.2.3' has to be used for the most recent version. How can I make
the shell command 'octave' load the latest version? How can I make emacs
M-x-run-octave load the most recent octave version?

Regards & many thanks,

Adi