Re: Strange extra line when plotting

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Strange extra line when plotting
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 13:17:33 -0500

http://s469.photobucket.com/albums/rr51/Joza90/?action=view&current=octaveline.jpg

| And here is the code (quite simple):
|
| A=load("-ascii","dataout.txt);
| q=A(:,1);
| P=A(:,2);
| loglog(q,P);
|
| Data seems ok to me (I guess I should not post it as it is quite long) so I
| wonder what im doing wrong..
|
| I tried restarting octave already. I've got Octave-3.2.2
|
| And I didnt post a bug report because I don't think this is a bug. It must
| be me doing something wrong.

Hwo about reducing the size of the data set?  If you do that, do you
still have a problem?  It seems that since the middle  of the set of
numbers appears to be plotted correctly, that the problem lies with
the values at the end.

Unless you provide enough information so that other people can
duplicate your problem, it's rather difficult for people to help or to
fix the problem.

jwe