Re: How to add octjpeglib

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: How to add octjpeglib
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:04:16 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- "John W. Eaton> wrote:

> On 31-Oct-2009, tmkd wrote:
>
> | Hello. i installed jpeg-src7, then mkoct to create imread and imwrite. What
> | should i do next? I tried to add path to folder with imread.oct but octave
> | shows error:invalid image file: error: `__magick_read__' undefined
> |  near line 57 column 31..
> | Can you help?
>
> What version of Octave are you using?  I'd recommend upgrading to the
> latest stable release, 3.2.3, which includes the imread and imwrite
> functions.

In addition, which platform (e.g. Windows XP pro, mingw, Mac OS X, or Debian
Linux) do you use?
Platform information is essentially important for this kind of questions.

In principle, imread and imwrite on octave 3.2 supports jpeg format through
GraphicsMagick libraries.

If you would like to upadate jpeg libraries, you should update GraphicsMagick
to use jpeg-7.
I do not know that only replacement of dynamic link libraries of GraphicsMagick
by newer ones will be
effective.  In some cases, you should re-build octave with the new
GraphicsMagick libraries.

Regards

Tatsuro

GyaO! - Anime, Dramas, Movies, and Music videos [FREE]
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/gyao/