Re: Octave.app 3.2.3 for Mac OS X 10.4.x and 10.5.x

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: Octave.app 3.2.3 for Mac OS X 10.4.x and 10.5.x
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 20:59:20 +0200

Vic Norton schrieb:
Thanks, Tom. I don't know what I'd do without Octave.app. I have not generally been successful at compiling Octave on a Mac.

I must add that Octave.app 3.2.3 works fine for me on Mac OSX 10.6.1. Apparently my applications of Octave do not need compiled oct-files--- though I am very fuzzy about this.

Regards,

Vic

Thanks Vic, I hope we find someone who volunteers to build more Octave.app apps for a while ;)

Yes, you are talking about an essential point. Currently Octave.app is compiled against 10.4 and works perfectly on 10.5, too. On 10.6 it works but it doesn not work perfectly anymore. I don't know how long we should build future versions of Octave.app against 10.4 SDK or if we "now" or after 3.2.x just can say that newer Octave.app versions are build for 10.6 only with pure 64bit support like the OS likes it best and no PPC version and no 32bit Intel version anymore?! Maybe things then become more easy (to pack the whole app) compared to as it is right now.

Everybodies comments welcome...

  Thomas