Re: octave - xv - image viewer

From: lmhelp
Subject: Re: octave - xv - image viewer
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:49:27 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, the image is shown in a window (very simple window with no
menus nor anything). In fact, two windows show up (I am using "Ion"
as a window manager):
- one with title "Figure 1" and empty,
- the other one, with title "/tmp/oct-n0ZWKD" showing the image.

I have no error message printed.
I only have a warning after launching "imread":
warning: isstr is obsolete and will be removed from a future version
of Octave, please use ischar instead

Sooner, I saw "xv" error messages but they went away very swiftly
(I couldn't note down the messages) but I cannot reproduce that anymore...

Are you yourself using "xv" as an image viewer?

Thank you and all the best,
--
Lmhelp