FW: mex files built with fortran having problmes linking in 3.2.2

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: FW: mex files built with fortran having problmes linking in 3.2.2
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 15:00:13 -0400

On  2-Sep-2009, Mike Coyne wrote:

> [...]

Octave doesn't provide Fortran bindings for the MEX interface.  I
consider this a missing feature, not a bug.  I would of course welcome
a patch to add them.  But before submitting a patch, it would probably
be best to discuss the implementation on the maintainers list.

The example files are in the distribution because there was some (very
incomplete) support for Fortran MEX files at one time, but it was
removed when the C MEX interface was finished.  I guess we forgot to
remove the Fortran example files and/or make a note in the docs.

jwe