vectorization quiz

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: vectorization quiz
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:44:08 +0200

Hi,
I've just come back to work after holidays but my brain seems not to have noticed, I'm sure there is an easy way to vectorize the following code but I just can't see it at the moment...

Here is the code:

 for iel = 1:nel
    for iqn = 1:nqn
      shg(:,:,iqn,iel) = J(:, :, iqn, iel) * shg(:,:,iqn,iel);
    endfor
  endfor

where nel and nqn are possibly very large and size(J(:, :, iqn, iel)) = size(shg(:,:,iqn,iel)) = [2 2]

Can anyone suggest a way to speed this up?
Thanks in advance,
c.