Re: Print plot error

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Print plot error
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:05:38 -0500

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Ben Abbott<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Monday, August 24, 2009, at 09:32PM, "Ben Abbott" <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> No, see the man page for the wait4() and waitpid() system calls.
>>>
>>> waitpid(-1,0) will hang if there are children still running, but
>>> waitpid(-1,WNOHANG) will just return zero.
>>>
>>> If there are not children running, waitpid(-1,anything) should just
>>> return -1.
>>>
>>> Don't believe me, test it.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>
>>Sorry, I don't mean to question you, only trying to learn about
>>something I have no prior experience with.
>>
>>If neither of you get to it, I'll try to put together a quck changeset
>>tomorrow (attributed to you and Dmitri).
>>
>>Ben
>
> New problem. I'm presently unable to build the developers sources, and am
> running 3.2.2 instead.
>
> octave:9> waitpid (-1,"WNOHANG")

There should be no quotes. WNOHANG is a function:

octave:1> WNOHANG
ans =  1
octave:2> help WNOHANG
`WNOHANG' is a built-in function

 -- Built-in Function:  WNOHANG ()
     Return the numerical value of the option argument that may be
     passed to `waitpid' to indicate that it should return its status
     immediately instead of waiting for a process to exit.

     See also: waitpid, WUNTRACED, WCONTINUE

Dmitri.