Re: Empty matrix

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermos
Subject: Re: Empty matrix
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:58:05 -0500

2009/8/21 george brida <address@hidden>:
> I programmed a function 'matrix_exp' that returns a matrix x with dimension
> (T-m, 2*p+8), where T, m and p are known number. The problem when I call
> this function to return this matrix, I obtain from Matlab this
> message:"empty matrix 0 by 16", I choose p=4. Nevertheless when I repeat the
> lines that defined this function in another program, I obtained this matrix
> (i.e without any call of this function). So, I conclude that the lines I
> written to define the function 'matrix_exp' are true but I don't understand
> the message of Matlab.

I don't understand why you are talking about Matlab, since you don't
seem to be comparing it to Octave. Why is this an Octave question?

There isn't much we can do to help if you don't show us the code that
is giving you trouble.

Also, why did you program your own matrix exponential instead of using expm?