Re: Exporting a variable to the global workspace from a C++ function

From: Justin Bare
Subject: Re: Exporting a variable to the global workspace from a C++ function
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:59:30 -0400 (EDT)

I tried the function you gave me in this way inside a C++ function:
    string c = "x";
    const string& cref = c;
    octave_value x = 9;
    const octave_value& xref = x;

    cout << cref << endl;
    cout << xref.int_value() << endl;

    set_global_value(cref, xref);
    cout << get_global_value("x").int_value() << endl;

Which prints out this in Octave:
9
9

But what I want to do is create the variable x in this C++ function and
send it to the global workspace so that when I type "x" in the octave
command line it will give me "x = 9" instead of "error: `x' undefined near
line 39 column 1"

Is there a way to do this?
Thanks.

Justin