Octave Installation problem?

From: Wooten, Mike R.
Subject: Octave Installation problem?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:14:19 -0400

I just installed Octave version 3.2.2
I did the configure and make steps and got the message:

Octave successfully built.  Now choose from the following:
./run-octave - to run in place to test before installing
make check - to run the tests
make install - to install

When I run run-octave, I get:
./run-octave
Segmentation fault

I'm installing on a linux system using Fedora 2.6.15 (an older version I know)

Michael R Wooten

Senior Programmer/Analyst

QinetiQ North America

Technology Solutions Group

115 Christian Ln

Slidell, LA 70458

Work: (985) 639-3531

www.qinetiq-na.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This transmission is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying of or taking of any action in reliance upon this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail.