Re: How can I get successive plot on octave 3.2 as was obtained in octav

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: How can I get successive plot on octave 3.2 as was obtained in octave 3.0.x
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 07:57:37 -0400

On Aug 6, 2009, at 7:56 AM, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Aug 5, 2009, at 10:30 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On  4-Aug-2009, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

| Hello
|
| Please execute the attached on octave 3.0.x and octave 3.2.x.
|
| This script is demonstration of Thermal diffusive Equation in one
dimension.

| In octave 3.0.x, the successive plots worked fine.
|
| However!!
| In octave 3.2.x, the screen flashes every new plot, it is not ease
to see.
| In addition, in fltk back end only final graph is plotted (mingw).
|
| Perhaps this is due to the change in plotting routine in octave 3.2
|
| How can I get the successive plots, which can be done in octave
3.0.x, on octave 3.2.x?

I think the flashing problem was fixed in the main development sources
by a recent change by Ben Abbott:

https://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2009-August/012982.html

I'm not sure whether his changeset is appropriate for the 3.2.x
branch.

jwe

The scripts/plot stuff only recently diverged, so I think it could be
applied directly to the 3.2.x branch.

Ben

I just noticed that Jaroslav has already transplanted it.

Ben