Re: Too many arguments?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Too many arguments?
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 22:23:22 -0400

On  5-Aug-2009, Olaf Till wrote:

| On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 03:45:55PM +0200, Carlo de Falco wrote:
| > FWIW Octave 3.2.2 still accepts extra arguments without complaining.
| > I have no idea whether or not this will still be the case in the future...
| > c.
|
| Thanks anyway! Olaf

I don't remember exactly why I chose to make Octave silently accept
extra arguments.  Maybe I didn't have an easy way to implement this
feature at the time.

In any case, some people might think this difference with Matlab is a
minor bug.  It would probably not be hard to make Octave generate an
error in this case, so it might happen in the future.  If you don't
want that, then can you explain clearly why it makes sense for Octave
to silently accept extra arguments that are not used?

jwe